Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

This World Cup

I'm not a football fan I have to say.
And since I'm not a fan of any team, when this whole world cup thing started I decided to pick up a friend each match and cheer for their favorite team with them, not because I care for the world cup not at all, but just for the fun of it.
First it started with Argentina for Fawzi, I had Argentina flags drawn on my cheeks by sweet Misho :) I enjoyed watching the match, I also knew Lionel Messi and Diego Maradona (who happened to look like my friend Joseph).


Then I cheered for Japan for Gerdo, I also enjoyed this one, and Honda certainly kicked ass.. But most of all I enjoyed watching the funny face and body expressions that players had during the match, and I also learned a fact about Netherlands I was ignorant enough not to already know :)

Then it was Iyya's turn with Germany when they played with England and achieved their fabulous win, I kept cheering for them till they lost their match in front of Spain, so I ended up cheering for Netherlands last night.
From the last few matches I knew Manuel Neuer (GER), Thomas Meuller (GER), Mesut Oezil (GER), Lukas Podolski (GER), Miroslav Klose (GER), Arjen Robben (NED) and David Villa (ESP).

*ra22asni ya gada3*

The match that I enjoyed the most was Germany vs. Argentina, it was both exciting and weird as a former hypocrite Argentina fan -as if-.. Then I celebrated Germany's 4-0 win with my fav DJ Tiesto playing at Beirut, that full-day trip resembled some fun and exciting memories!


I enjoyed world cup 2010 in my own way, looking forward for 2014's. I'll be cheering for Germany for sure ;)

5 comments:

Gird said...

loool yeah the slow motion funny faces is why i cheer for japan in the first place , no other team can make those ( and am not going to mention the fact that you learned about netherlands lool) , Strange world cup indeed , i guess no one could've predicted how it'll go ( except the damn octopus )

Slash said...

now i wanna know what she learned about Netherlands! lazim ti7kooli!!

Dareen said...

@Gird: That damn octopus has done his job very well!!
@Slash: yalla 3ad ma e7na 2olnalak :P

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Very good.

Iyya said...

SCHLAND ALL THE WAY BABYYYYYY =D
mwahhhhhh