Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Little Things Done, Bigger Things Achieved

In some situations, little things may in fact mean and achieve big things, or leave a significant effect.

Two days ago, I was fasting and I happened to be late at the gym and got out when it was time for Iftar, I spotted a water bottle in the guard's sentry box right next to the parking gateway, I asked the guard (who was already having his Iftar meal) to provide me with some water from the bottle, to my surprise, the man gave me his cold-water cup, and insisted to give me his glass of juice as well.. He sticked into my thoughts long enough to make me tell 2 friends about what he did, pray for him the whole night and blog about him, that really meant a lot to me. God bless him.

This morning, I was heading to the client-site, and I needed some directions so I asked the old man who was trying to sell newspaper, and he quickly gave me clear, correct and precise directions that even my co-worker who was already at the place couldn't provide, this old man has drawn an admiring smile on my face, deserved 3 minutes of my thinking time before I got distracted by other thoughts, and consumed 5 minuted in writing this paragraph about him. God bless him.

3 comments:

MAHOC e!st said...

hope to have more of those people :-)

Dareen said...

what makes those ppl special is the fact that they are rare, otherwise they will be taken for granted i guess..

hembwo said...

deserved 3 minutes of my thinking, and consumed 5 minutes in writing this paragraph about him.

Thank you your majesty queen Elizabeth.